Elite Health & Performance is committed to best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. Elite Health & Performance is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and as such has developed a policy to protect patient privacy.
- the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold
- how we collect and hold personal information
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use ad disclose personal information
- how may you access your personal information and seek the correction of that information?
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
What kinds of personal information do we collect
We will generally collect personal information;
- directly from you when you provide your details to us
- from a person responsible for you
- from a third party where the Privacy Act or other law allows it.
Where an individual chooses not to provide requested information, we will advise that individual of what consequences this non-disclosure may have. For example, withholding certain information may limit our ability to provide relevant offers or services to individuals.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes;
- to provide health services to you
- imaging and other medical referrals
- to communicate with you
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to help us manage our accounts and administrative services.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting us to let us know any changes.
How can you make a privacy related complaint?
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your information and comply with our legal obligations. Our staff or contractors are required to respect your privacy. We take reasonable steps to protect information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Appropriate action (which may include disciplinary or legal action) will be taken in such cases.
If you have any questions about privacy –related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact this practice.
You may lodge your complaint in writing and send it to:
Elite Health & Performance
1/7 O’Connell Terrace,
Bowen Hills Qld 4006
Tel: 07 3852 6841
Any complaint will be investigated by the practice owners and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other necessary developments.